Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downunder - Dawn of Night Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
JoolaPrime
Members Mate
King of the Forum Ma'

King of the Forum Ma'

re: Rift live client is available for download

They probably require us to re-download to cut back on client related complaints down the road.
Its a small bump in the road though, I doubt any here wouldn't think its worth it.
~Kura/Kihi~
Leaders N Stuff
King of the Forum Ma'

King of the Forum Ma'
Awarded:

Getting the error here saying not authorised .. but guess that will be fixed evening our time ish so will keep trying.

THANK YOU JOOLA for letting us all know!!! I am so impressed and proud of our Officers in helping Aeth and I This week as it has been a little stressful. Also fellow guildies ... any communications that have made it easier for the rest of us to get up and running has been wonderful. Any and all of your help has been so very much appreciated!

I didnt sleep well at all last night worried about family etc. Mainly my Mum who lives alone... but she stayed with my sister and brother in law. Sis got power back on this morning and was able to put something on facebook so I was able to sleep after 7 am this morning a little easier. Thank goodness I am not working at the moment really.

Darian_Rift

It would be interesting to just copy all the beta files into the directory created by the launch patcher then tell it to patch over the top. Should replace any updated files and leave any untouched files alone (assuming Trion haven't just put update flags on every single file).
Have two pc's to put the client on so might experiment on one first and can always download clean on the other (the copy across if its all a mess).

The 'not authorised' message has been there since beta 6 on the live patcher (Steam installed the patcher as soon as I purchase it) which was also very boldly labelled as the live patcher and not hte beta patcher (implying there would be diffferent installs at launch)
Templar1975

This is the first Beta I have been on that requires a complete re-download of the client at launch, and I've been in quite a few over the years.
Mecaza
*Members Mate*
Look Mum I Can Post

Look Mum I Can Post

re: Update is working now..

Yes, I agree Templar.. usually, if you played the final beta you only need to download a patch.

oh well, at least we found out with enough time to complete it before head start commences.

See you all soooooooooooooooooooon

Mecaza

The Update is working now.. (no more "unauthorised" message)
W0rship

re: Re: Update is working now..

Its about 1G bigger than the last download.

There is a way to do it from the Beta files but TBH it is a hack and if you want your game to be fully supported I'd do the full download.

Also, If I was the provider I would force/recommend the full download. You don't to be chasing your tails support wise on errors that aren't in the main client. I know enough about patching, trunks and testing to understand why.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Aethelstun
Leaders N Stuff
King of the Forum Ma'

King of the Forum Ma'

Yeah true and most people ahve pretty generous download limits these days.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downunder - Dawn of Night Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum